Introducing inReach SE
The satellite communicator that allows you to type, send and receive, track and SOS all from the palm of your hand.
From LOL to SOS and every message in between, DeLorme inReach SE makes any voyage better. With inReach SE, you can both send and receive text messages at the ends of the earth and everywhere in between with the handy colour screen and virtual keyboard. When you’re off the grid and out of cell phone range, you can quickly and easily share your journey with family and friends, let them ping and message you, and always receive a delivery confirmation that your message was sent — all thanks to the Iridium satellite network with 100% global coverage. And in the event of an emergency, you can trigger an SOS, receive delivery confirmation, and then have an two-way text conversation with the search and rescue monitoring centre until help arrives.
inReach SE: How It Works
inReach SE (Screen Edition) is the satellite communicator from DeLorme that puts amazing functionality in the palm of your hand without having to pair the device:
- Send and receive free-form, 160-character text messages outside of cell phone range.
- Trigger an SOS and interact back and forth with GEOS, our 24/7 search and rescue monitoring centre.
- Turn on tracking to share and view GPS coordinates.
- Colour screen and virtual keyboard with predictive text.
- Intuitive LED indicator for satellite availability.
- Audible message notifications.
- Internal, rechargeable lithium battery lasts about 100 hours at continuous operation at 10-minute tracking intervals with a clear view to the sky. Extended tracking mode can extend battery life even more for long-haul trips.
- Designed for maximum durability in harsh environments (waterproof, dustproof, and impact-resistant).
- Post to social media.
- Built on award-winning technology pioneered with our first inReach device
You don’t want to be playing hide-and-seek with your signal out there.
The DeLorme inReach is powered by Iridium, which commands the world’s farthest-reaching commercial satellite constellation. It’s like navigating by the stars, except the stars are awesomely powerful robots that float in space and enable two-way communication with anyone, anywhere, anytime.
Needless to say, you don’t want to gamble with your life on one-way networks, delays, or coverage gaps.
inReach operates on the Iridium satellite network — the only network that spans the entire globe, offering 100% coverage anywhere on earth. Offering unmatched communications, performance and reliability advantages, Iridium’s 66 low-earth orbiting (LEO) cross-linked satellites – the world’s largest commercial constellation – operate as a fully meshed network that is supported by multiple in-orbit spares.